Source: High-Fiber Munchies to Keep Things Moving While on the Road
Fresh fruits and veggies are full of fiber to keep your digestive system chugging along normally, but it's tough to pack fresh produce on road trips, especially if you need to travel light or can't keep those snacks refrigerated. Luckily, there are plenty of healthy, prepackaged foods you can bring along that offer the fiber you need, so if you have a vacation planned, hit the grocery store for some of these products.
- Crunchies Freeze-Dried Raspberries: This snack is unbelievably sweet, and made solely with fruit and not a drop of added sugar; 100 calories (per bag), 12 grams of fiber
- KIND Blueberry Pecan + Fiber Bar: All the goodness of blueberries, almonds, and cashews in one chewy bar; 190 calories, 5 grams fiber
- Cascadian Farm Organic Dark Chocolate Almond Chewy Granola Bars: Like a healthy Rice Krispies treat, these granola bars could pass as dessert; 130 calories, 5 grams fiber
- MammaChia Chia Squeeze: Chia seeds are tough to eat on their own, so enjoy them blended with fruits and veggies; 70 calories, 4 grams fiber
- Larabar Cherry Pie: Made with nothing but unsweetened cherries, dates, and almonds; fiber never tasted so good; 200 calories, 4 grams fiber
- Justin's Classic Almond Butter Squeeze Packs: Simple and prepacked to squeeze on crackers, bread, or straight into your mouth; 160 calories, 4 grams fiber
- Bear Naked Morning Power Packs: If you're a fan of Bear Naked granola, these are individually packaged portions to sprinkle on yogurt or to enjoy on its own; 200 calories, 3 grams fiber
- Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips: These offer a tasty and satisfying crunch and contain flax, sesame and sunflower seeds as well as quinoa and oat fiber; 140 calories (1.5 oz. bag), 3 grams fiber
- Happy Tot Pouches: These may be designed for little ones, but grown-ups can also benefit from the pureed mixture of fresh fruits, veggies and chia seeds; around 70 calories, 2 to 3 grams fiber
- Stretch Island Fruit Leathers: Made with real-fruit puree and no added sugars or additives, each strip counts as half a serving of fruit; 45 calories, 1 gram fiber
What's Your Vacation Style - Active or Relaxing?
On-the-Go Paleo: How to Enjoy Food With Family and Friends
How to Save Hundreds of Calories a Day and Still Enjoy Your Vacation