It's been proven that exercise and eating right are two steps that can reduce your risk of heart-related illness and disease.
Here are 3 Simple Heart Healthy Eating Habits:
1. Limit high fat foods such as red meats, cheeses, fried foods and baked goods.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Raw, baked or steamed are best.
3. Avoid salt (aka sodium in processed foods) by eating less canned, prepared and fast foods. Stay away from salty snacks too.
Related Article: Heart Rate Is Everything: How To Exercise Better
When it comes to lowering your risk of heart-related illness and disease some foods do it better than others. These SUPER foods are often called "heart healthy" foods because they contain high amounts of the special nutrients that have been proven to be beneficial to the heart, including:
* Antioxidants which are nutrients that help to fight off cancers
* Fiber which can lower cholesterol and reduce buildup of plaque in arteries
* Omega-3 Fatty Acidswhich reduce risks of irregular heartbeats that cause heart attacks
Related Article: Take Command Of Your Blood Pressure
The SUPER Foods of Heart Healthy Eating include:
* Legumes (Dried Beans)
Related Article: 5 Stress-Fighting Superfoods
Sliced Avocado with Balsamic Cilantro Dressing
- 1-2 Avocados, pitted and skinned
- Cut avocado lengthwise. Place slices in a heart-shaped pattern on a plate.
- Balsamic Cilantro Dressing
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Whisk all ingredients together. Drizzle over avocado slices and serve.