By Spencer Cain, StyleCaster
Jessica Alba Stars-they aren't really like us. When we're looking to drop a few fast pounds, we head to the gym for a quick workout a few times a week (or at least we say we will, then sit on the couch watching "Law & Order" instead), but celebrities spend a good part of their lives focusing on intense fitness regimens and diets in order to appear perfect at all times, but sometimes, they take it to extremes that are just plain crazy. Below, we've complied the 10 most shocking (and downright weird) celebrity weight loss tricks and secrets.
Related Article: Amanda Bynes' Latest Move: Shaving Half Her Head
1. Jessica Alba: The 31-year-old actress confessed to Net-A-Porter's magazine The Edit that she had difficulty bouncing back body-wise after giving birth to her children Haven and Honor. "I wore a double corset day and night for three months. It was sweaty, but worth it." she said. "It was brutal; it's not for everyone." Yeah, definitely not for us.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow: To lose weight before promoting "Iron Man 2," Paltrow doubled up on sessions with trainer Tracy Anderson as well as stuck to a strict diet. Every morning, she drank a glass of kale juice after her workout, then had a low-carb Mountain Valley wrap for lunch, and then turkey kale soup for dinner. She also allowed herself a glass of kale juice and a few almonds in the afternoon. Talk about living on the edge.
3. Jennifer Aniston: The 44-year-old A-lister has a killer figure-but it didn't happen overnight. Aside from working out every day, Aniston once went on a baby food diet after being advised to do so by Tracy Anderson. Anderson explained her reasoning, stating: "Liquid cleanses do help you lose weight, but you will gain more the next week. I wanted something where you can eliminate toxicity and break bad habits but still have your digestive system going. That is when the baby food cleanse was born. You get to eat all day these little puree things, and the chocolate pudding I did is pretty killer." We're sure it was killer, but it's still food made for babies.
4. Padma Lakshmi: The "Top Chef" host may claim to gain 10 to 15 pounds each season that she's filming the cooking competition, but when it came to losing baby weight, the 42-year-old didn't around. She stated: "I woke up at 6 a.m., I nursed. Then I ran up and down 70 flights of stairs. Then I had breakfast, then went to the gym and lifted weights for an hour. Then I walked home." Fun day.
5. Anne Hathaway: When it came time to film "Les Misérables," Hathaway had to slim down to play the character Fantine, a destitute factory worker who turns to prostitution and eventually dies in the film. So, she lost weight by eating two twin squares of dried oatmeal paste a day and nothing else. And that's how you win as Oscar, ladies.
6. Christina Aguilera: Aguilera reportedly got her body in prime form thanks to the "color diet," which only allows followers eat foods of one color every day. For example, Monday would be white foods-so you could only eat things like cauliflower and white beans. Do colored M&Ms count?
See 4 More Shocking Celebrity Weight Loss Secrets Now!
More From StyleCaster:
The 10 Biggest Celebrity Social Media Feuds Of All Time
Try On Celebrity Hairstyles In The Makeover Studio
By Spencer Cain, StyleCaster