By Brandi Koskie - DietsInReview.com
For those of you preparing to attend one of the 15 open casting calls for Biggest Loser this summer, you'll want to heed the advice that Allison Kaz has shared with DietsInReview.com. Since season one of the hit weight loss show, Allison has lead the charge for casting the fortunate few who workout in America's most famous gym. As casting director she's seen it all, and as she's in the midst of casting for next year's ninth season, Allison shares some key advice that could help you make it beyond the crowded audition lines.
- "Say everything you want to say," advises Allison. You only get about five minutes in front of the casting crew. It's important not to walk away wishing you'd added something else.
- Be yourself! They're looking for personality, charisma and uniquity.
- Know your story! Know who you are, what is motivating you, and what it is that's driving you to do this. Make all of this perfectly clear to the casting crew.
Allison also offers a couple of tips for things not to do at your Biggest Loser audition. Remember, they want to see the real you so they know exactly who it is they're introducing to America.
- Don't share a sob story.
- Don't wear costumes. (Yes, she's seen clowns.)
- Don't try to be something you're not.
It's not a necessity to attend a casting call, Allison says. They've casted plenty of people simply based on the audition video and application received by mail (and she confirms they watch every one of them).
While it's not critical to be there in person, Allison called the events a "rewarding experience," in which many hopefuls form life-long bonds while waiting in line.
Get the entire Biggest Loser Season 9 casting call schedule and audition requirements.
Learn more about Biggest Loser or your favorite diet at DietsInReview.com.