FitSugarSource: From Ranch to Hummus: 10 Healthy Dip Recipes
It's not really a party until the dip shows up. Good with veggies, fruit, and pita bread, the sheer variety of dips make them an easy crowd-pleaser. If you've got a party coming up and want to get crazy with the dip but also want to keep calories and fat down, we've got 10 recipes for you to make!
- Creamy Peanut Butter Dip: Serve fiber-filled fruit like apples or pears to eat alongside this creamy peanut butter dip. The natural sugar of fruit won't have you crashing the same way a soda will, and the protein from the nut butter will help sustain your energy through the day.
- Chipotle Hummus: Give hummus a spicy twist by whipping up a batch of chipotle hummus.
- Nonfat Yogurt Dill Dip: This tangy yogurt dill dip is made with nonfat Greek yogurt, making it low in calories and high in protein.
- Roasted Tomato Hummus : Whip up a batch of roasted tomato hummus - you'll be making it well beyond Super Bowl season.
- White Bean Veggie Dip: Like hummus, this white bean veggie dip relies on chickpeas as its main ingredient. But the addition of Greek yogurt, lemon, and dill give it a creamy kick reminiscent of ranch dip.
More from FitSugar: Healthy Indulgence: Vegan Apple Pie Milkshake
- Black Bean Dip: This black bean dip gets a nice kick from garlic, red onion, and cayenne pepper. The nutrition stats aren't too shabby either: low-cal, almost no fat or sugar, and a good amount of fiber and protein.
- Mango Red Pepper Salsa: Salsa is always a great alternative to fattening dips because it's low in fat and full of fresh veggies. Enjoy this mango red pepper salsa with crackers, corn chips, or pita bread.
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip : Rethink ranch dip by substituting Greek yogurt for sour cream and mayonnaise. Instead of the powdered spices and salt, quickly chop up some chives, parsley, and garlic for our Greek yogurt ranch dip. There is so much flavor packed in these fresh herbs that only a little salt is needed to satisfy your palate.
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Chili-Walnut Layered Dip: Who doesn't love a layered dip? And this recipe is made even better by being both vegan and gluten-free. Our healthy sun-dried tomato and chili-walnut layered dip combines soft tastes of lemon with sun-dried tomato and a hint of chili.
- Edamole : Fans of guacamole will love edamole: it's similar to the real thing, but is made from edamame not avocado. These soybeans are high in protein but low in fat and calories. (This dip tastes as equally good as a sandwich spread.)
8 Snacks to Go Nuts Over (Without the Guilt!)
Snack Attack: Gluten-Free Turkey Roll-Ups
20 Surprisingly Healthy Chocolate Recipes
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook