Some days I crave salty snacks and some days I want a little something sweet. The problem with sweet treats is that they tend to be high in calories, so here are five snacks under 200 calories that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Almond Berry Banana Yogurt Smoothie - If creamy sweets are what you crave, make a smoothie with fruit, Greek yogurt, and almonds. An 8-ounce serving contains 154 calories.
- Chocolate Covered Fruit or Nuts - Sunspire makes a variety of chocolate covered dried fruit and nuts. A bag of dark chocolate covered cranberries, blueberries, or raisins contains 160 calories. If almonds are your thing, a bag of those is 190 calories.
- Peanut Butter Dip Fruit Slices - Don't want sweets made from sugar? Then fruit is an excellent choice, especially when it's hot out. If you're bored with just plain fruit, dress your slices with this creamy peanut butter dip. A two tablespoon serving contains 80.5 calories.
Stonyfield Farm Frozen Yogurt - If you're an ice cream lover, making the switch to frozen yogurt can save you fat and calories. A half cup serving of this After Dark Chocolate is only 100 calories. Chocolate not your thing? Check out the calorie content of the flavors below:
Gotta Have Vanilla: 100
Gotta Have Java: 100
Cookies 'n Cream: 130
Creme Caramel: 130
Minty Chocolate Chip: 140
Raspberry White Chocolate Chunk: 120
- Smudgies -If your sweet tooth craves something more cookie-like, make these frozen Smudgies. They're made with peanut butter, bananas, and graham crackers, and one sandwich contains 109 calories.
- Frozen Grapes - Grapes are sweet on their own, but when you freeze them, they taste like mini popsicles. If you popped 30 frozen grapes, it's only 102 calories
Six Salty Snacks Under 200 Calories
Snack Attack: Pre and Post Workout Snacks
Eating Healthy Tips: Set Up Daily Snack Times