by Amie Valpone
Montrose Digital Studio
When my favorite taco bar started offering their tasty fillings served up in a lettuce cup it got me thinking--why don't I skip the flour in sandwich bread for a bread-free, gluten-free, low-cal vitamin-packed alternative? A few ideas:
1. Dairy-Free Turkey Avocado Kale Wrap: Place 2 steamed kale leaves on a cleaned, flat surface and fill each with 2 slices of Applegate turkey, a handful of arugula, sliced avocado, 1 slice GO Veggie! Vegan Cheese and 1/4 cup of cooked and salted quinoa. Wrap and enjoy.
2. Pesto Turkey Collard Wrap: Place 2 steamed collard greens leaves on a cleaned, flat surface and fill each leaf with 3 tablespoons of pesto, 2 slices of organic Applegate turkey, and 1/4 cup of cooked millet. Wrap like a burrito and serve.
3. California Swiss Chard Wrap: Place 2 leaves of Swiss chard on a cleaned, flat surface and fill each with 1/4 cup Sundried tomatoes, 1/4 cup of cooked chicken breast, 1/4 cup of sprouts, plus 1/4 cup of cooked and salted brown rice. Wrap and enjoy.
See more: 10 Beauty Tricks That Make Guys Melt
4. Vegetarian Hummus Wrap: Fill 4 Romaine hearts with 3 tablespoons of hummus, 3 tablespoons of sliced cherry tomatoes, and 3 tablespoons of cooked and salted quinoa each. Wrap into a small roll and enjoy.
5. Red Pepper Caprese Cabbage Wraps: Steam 3 cabbage leaves and lay on a cleaned, flat surface. Fill each leaf with 3 tablespoons of roasted red peppers, 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds, avocado slices, and a couple of slices of mozzarella. Roll up and serve.