You have to choose snacks carefully when it comes to satisfying your hunger. You want to keep hunger and hypoglycemia at bay without sending your blood sugar into orbit. Healthy, high-fiber, slowly digested snacks produce the best of both worlds, helping to curb hunger while producing a steady release of blood sugar. Just remember to balance snacking by reapportioning your meals so you're not adding calories to your day (which would mean more blood sugar than your system needs). Here are eight smart snack choices for satisfying the munchies while keeping blood sugar steady. They also happen to be delicious.
Get more health tips from RealAge:
- Is your lifestyle making you older than your years? Take the RealAge test.
- Distracted? Having trouble getting things done? Take the ADHD test.
- Heat or cold? Here's how to use both for relieving aches and pains.
- Tackle the tough stuff: Take this advice on talking with your kid about sex.
- Should you rush your kid to the ER? Here's what to do in an emergency.