This is the biggest lie women tell.Sure, honesty is the best policy…most of the time. After all, little white lies happen, and often they're totally harmless (telling your aunt you love the crazy birthday gift she gave you, saying you had fun at the end of a lame date, etc).
By Korin Miller
But according to a new survey of 3,000 women by Timex, most of us are lying to ourselves and other people on a regular basis about something that isn't totally harmless: What we eat. And we do it often-the survey found we lie an average of nine times a day about our diet.
Related: 7 Easy Ways To Lose Weight
According to researchers, the foods most likely to prompt a lie were chocolate, cookies, cake, wine, cheese, and bread. Of course, the occasional fib doesn't hurt anyone, but regularly deceiving yourself can be bad for your health.
Related: Make Monday Mornings Less Depressing
Check out the top lies:
1. It was only a small portion
2. I'll have a big lunch so I won't eat much after this
3. I only treat myself once in a while
4. I always eat my fruits and vegetables
5. I didn't touch any of the cookies
6. I had only one glass
7. I didn't eat the last one
8. I won't eat again today after this
9. I was too busy to have lunch
10. I might as well polish them off now or they'll go bad
What do you fib about the most?
Read more at Cosmopolitan.com!
- 8 Things Men Notice About You Instantly
- Kissing Dos and Don'ts
- 30 Sexy Things to Do Before Sex
- Why Guys Dump Girls They Dig
- How to Decode His Body Language