- Martha Stewart | Holiday Gift Guide | Wed, Dec 19, 2012 9:44 AM EST | Comments
Don't fret over what to get a party host this holiday season. We have creative ideas for hostess gifts, including items for the home and garden, treats from your kitchen, gift basket suggestions, and more.
More from Martha Stewart:Read More »
- Babble.com | Holiday Gift Guide | Wed, Dec 19, 2012 6:20 PM EST | Comments
Even if you knew you shouldn't leave holiday gift shopping til the last minute, relax, you can still find great presents without making a huge dent in your budget. Chances are that even if you did a thorough list weeks ago, you missed somebody or need to make a gift you hadn't planned for. Here are my personal favorite finds for her, him and children. All of these gift ideas are under $30, some are $20 or less. Get ready, set, shop!1. Pretty, please
The Kisses gift set from l Clinique has six high-gloss Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss minis for under $30. What I love about this set is that all the colors are ultra wearable and this product really delivers what it promises. It's already packaged in a gift box so no extra wrapping is needed.2. For teens and men who need to beat the cold
For teens and men who need to beat the cold
If there's a guy on your list that needs to fight the wintery cold, this is a great option. Currently available in several colors for $23.50 at Old Navy. You must order online by 12/19 to get it in time for...Read More »
- Vogue Magazine | Holiday Gift Guide | Thu, Dec 20, 2012 12:12 PM EST | CommentsVogue
One of my Twitter followers recently asked me for a ruling on the etiquette of gift cards. In the final countdown to Christmas with her shopping list still incomplete, she is swaying toward giving her first gift card, but she wonders-are they lazy presents?
See more: Lady Gaga's Best-Dressed Moments
In theory, a gift card is just as acceptable as something wrapped under the tree as long as it conveys genuine thoughtfulness. If you know a person is sweet on a particular store, a gift certificate there is great. Or if you know they are dying to experience a certain restaurant, by all means, get them a gift card to that restaurant, emphasis on that restaurant, not one you think they absolutely must try. Whether it is a restaurant, a shop, a Broadway show, a Caribbean island, you think you're giving them a gift but not really. Actually what you're doing is taking someone hostage, exerting your tastes over theirs, by giving them a gift card they can use only at ...Read More »
- Lylah M. Alphonse, Senior Editor, Yahoo! Shine | Holiday Gift Guide | Wed, Dec 12, 2012 11:10 AM EST | CommentsThe hottest holiday toy for 2012 is an old favorite: Furby, a fluffy owl-like robot that sleeps, dances, talks, eats, and constantly "learns" new behavior, is flying off store shelves—and going for big bucks on the private market—around the world.
Furby -- updated for 2012 -- is one of the hottest and hardest-to-find toys of the season. (Photo: Amazon.com)
Related: The Truth About "Hot" Toys
Furby is one of the only toys to make it to the top of nearly every big retailer's "hot toy" list this holiday season; it's a big seller at Walmart, Toys R Us, Amazon.com, Kmart, and Target. The $54 toy comes in 10 colors, and while many stores still have at least a few of them in stock, most colors are sold out online, a Target representative told Yahoo! Shine. The most-popular colors—including "voodoo" purple, teal, and hot pink—are nearly impossible to come by.
"I remember when Furby had its first go around, so it's interesting to see it come back," Walmart spokesman Ravi Jariwala told Yahoo! Shine. "I don't know which colors are selling fast... but as we receive additional allocations, we'll be sure to...Read More »
- Martha Stewart | Holiday Entertaining | Fri, Dec 21, 2012 5:34 PM EST | Comments
Homemade candy is a traditional Christmas gift that will never go out of style. White chocolate, peppermint oil, and a dozen candy canes are all you need to create this easy, colorful Christmas bark. The bark can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week after making.
This recipe makes 2 1/4 pounds or one 11-by-17-inch sheet.Related: 42 Prettiest Christmas Cookies to Bake Ingredients
- 2 pounds white chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 large candy canes
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
See More: 21 Festive Holiday Party Cocktails
1. Line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
2. In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring constantly. If you don't have a double boiler, use a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
3. With a chef's knife or meat tenderizer, cut or pound candy canes into 1/4-inch pieces.
4. Stir pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate. Remo
PICK OF THE DAY
- You're About to Be an Online Shopping Pro — 9 Reasons Why Right … Holiday Gift Guide