By Erin Kurdyla, SELF magazine
The workouts and added stress. Be prepared! Excuse proof you're routine through the busy season with these simple stay-on-track tips from Fitness Expert, Sara Haley.
Related: 10 Ways to Lose Weight Like a Guy
1. Sweat Early: Exercise in the morning! Life gets too busy (and sometimes too fun), so if you exercise first thing in the morning you'll make sure to get it in!
2. Set Yourself Up for Success: Put out your exercise clothes the night before (just like when you were in school). Or if you exercise after work, pack your bag the night before. This way you won't waste any time getting things together or can't claim you forgot anything.
3. No time is too short: Only have 15 minutes and thinking it's a waste of time? Never! Take those 15 minutes and raise your intensity. If you are doing cardio push yourself so it becomes harder to breather sooner. If you're lifting weights pick up heavier weights or shorten the time period between sets. You may find that you get more done in 15 minutes than you usually do in a half hour!
Related: Detox Diets Debunked
4. Tune In and Tone-Up: Watching your favorite TV shows? Use each commercial (that means no fast forwarding if you're watching on DVR) to work a different body part. One commercial is push-ups for the chest, the next commercial is squats for the legs, the next is dips for the triceps, the last is sit-ups for the abs. Now you can watch your favorite TV show and get your exercise done all at once!
5. Develop a new habit: Never go to bed without performing a plank (think the top of a push-up). Start off by holding 30 seconds at a time, working up to one minute or more!
Related: Check out this healthy plan for losing pounds quickly
Sweating will help you de-stress over the holidays! More ideas: You can lose 8 at-home, design your own ab-flattening video, and enter for a chance to win cool fitness gear, too!
More From SELF:
- Check out these superfoods for flatter abs
- Find out your cancer fate, here
- Hungry? Try one of these 30 healthy snacks
- Lose weight faster: 6 days to get slim
- Want Bridget Moynahan's sexy legs? We've got her workout
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio