Enhance the look of this delectable and economical dish with a garnish of fried, thinly sliced green onions.
Total Time: 40 min
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Oven Temp: 350
- 8 ounce(s) thick spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 container(s) (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- 1 bunch(es) green onions cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 6 slice(s) thinly sliced prosciutto (about 3 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add spaghetti and cook 2 minutes less than label directs.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, ricotta, milk, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended. Set aside. In oven-safe nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add green onions and cook about 5 minutes or until softened. Remove skillet from heat.
3. Drain spaghetti. To green onions in skillet, add spaghetti and frozen peas; toss to combine. Pour egg mixture over pasta and arrange Prosciutto slices on top.
4. Place skillet over medium-high heat and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until edges just begin to set. Place skillet in oven and bake 15 minutes or until center is set. Slide pie onto large plate to serve.
More from Good Housekeeping: