This hearty chili recipe is made for chilly autumn days.
Yields: 4 main-dish servings
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 25 min
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 large (10- to 12-ounce) onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounce(s) (2 cups) carrots, finely chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch(es) (6 ounces) collard greens, ribs and tough stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt-free chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 can(s) (28-ounce) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 can(s) (15 ounces each) no-salt-added beans, preferably black beans and pink beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
1. In 6-quart saucepot, heat oil on medium. Add onion, carrots, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add collard greens and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bright green and just tender, stirring. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook 1 minute, stirring.
3. Stir in tomatoes and beans. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Divide among 4 bowls; top with sour cream.
More from Good Housekeeping: