Source: Top 10 Signs It's Time to Switch Gyms
We can't all afford to go to luxurious health clubs with Olympic-sized pools, indoor tennis courts, and live DJs spinning during spin classes, so we learn to live with the basics. But here are some things that are absolute deal breakers when it comes to a gym, and if these sound all too familiar, it's time to start shopping for a new one.
- You have to share your shower with soap scum, mildew, and spiders.
- You've seen more clothes worn by people at the beach than at your gym.
- Most of the equipment is older than your grandmother.
- Your locker is just big enough to fit one sneaker and a granola bar.
- When you tell a staff member they're out of towels, they point to the dirty hamper and say, "No we're not."
More from FitSugar: Top 10 Signs You're a Running Fanatic
- The only fitness class offered is taught by someone who constantly forgets to work your left side, sings along to Lady Gaga instead of calling out instructions, calls you fat for motivation, and chews gum while teaching.
- It's so crowded that you have to put your name on a list to use a treadmill a week in advance.
- Your monthly membership costs more than your rent or mortgage.
- Every few months you're greeted by a huge sign on the front door that reads, "Closed due to lice."
- The place smells like a nasty combination of feet, B.O., flatulence, sweat, and rubber.
Top 10 Signs It's Time For a New Workout Buddy
10 Signs You're a Devoted Yogi
11 Signs You're a Fitness Freak
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook