We can hardly stand it! Only two more days until January 13th when funny ladies Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host the 70th Golden Globe awards. Can we expect pranks? Wardrobe malfunctions? Those infamous Chuck Tailors? We’ll have to wait and see. In the meantime, here are 12 reasons we’re psyched that Tina and Amy are running the show:
1) Their friendship stands the test of time: Amy and Tina met at a comedy class at Chicago’s ImprovOlympic waaaay back in 1993.
2) They share beauty secrets: Tina credits herself with informing Amy about the art of eyebrow waxing.
3) They look hot wearing mom jeans: Two years after Amy joined Tina as a staff member on Saturday Night Live, the besties made the LOL 2003 skit, "Mom Jeans."
4) They make movies together: Amy appeared in the 2004 hit "Mean Girls", a comedy written by and starring Tina.
5) They brought girl power to the news: Later that year, Amy succeeded Jimmy Fallon as Tina’s co-anchor of Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update” sketch, forming the show’s first all-female news team.
6) They know their politics: Both did a high-larious spot-on impression of Governor Sarah Palin (Tina) and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (Amy) in 2008.
8) Squee!! Their kids are adorable: Poehler is mother to Archie Arnett, 4, and Abel Arnett, 2; Tina is mother to Alice Richmond, 7, and Penelope, 3.
9) They get their props: In 2011, Amy was included on the TIME “100 Most Influential People In the World” list and that same year, Tina received a Hollywood Star of Fame.
10) They give back: In 2012, Amy launched the web series “Ask Amy” during which she answers questions from teenage girls in a thoughtful, heartwarming, non-celeby way. And Tina is an avid supporter of the group Austim Speaks, an organization that sponsors autism research.
11) They believe in women: Both ladies threw their support to The Center of Reproductive Rights. Amy appeared in a humorous PSA with Kevin Bacon and other celebrities and at the October 2012 inaugural gala for the CFRR, Tina addressed the political controversy over the definition of rape, saying, “If I have to listen to one more gray-faced man with a $2 haircut explain to me what rape is, I’m going to lose my mind!”
12) They show no signs of slowing down: In 2013, Amy will star in A.C.O.D., a comedy about children of divorce and Tina will appear in “Admission”, a comedy about a relationship between a woman and her son. We love you, ladies!