If you are at least 40 pounds over weight, then it may be very possible and easy for you to lose 20 pounds in 20 days, and keep it off. As a personal trainer I have found that this combination of diet and exercise works every time, and it gets my clients the weight loss results that they need. It is going to take some hard work and motivation, but if you have it in you, you are going to be 20 pounds slimmer in just 20 days. The first thing that you are going to want to do is totally commit yourself, and head to the grocery store.
For the diet portion it is going to be a huge adjustment for some, but you need to stick with it, and push through, so you can hit your weight loss goal. The regimen will go as follows.
• 1,500 calories consumed a day, every day, and it's going to be broken down into 6 small meals, 3 of them being larger than other others.
• Only white meat, meaning chicken, turkey, and also fish. No red meat throughout this process.
• Protein at all three of your larger meals, and fresh servings of fruit or vegetables at all meals.
• Replace all white starches with whole grains, and eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
• Don't put any carbohydrates from starches in the last two meals of the day.
• Only drink water throughout the day, carry a water bottle to help you do this. You may have a single serving of caffeine in the morning, preferably coffee or tea.
• Multivitamin daily, and also some B vitamins as well, for energy.
• Portion out all of your meals as directed on the package, and make sure that you eat six times a day, even if you aren't that hungry. It is going to keep your metabolism moving.
Now that you know what to eat, it is going to be time to buckle down and get to work. This is going to mean a lot of cardiovascular activity.
• 5-6 days a week you are going to need to be doing cardio vascular activity, at least once a day for at least 30 minutes.
• For the first 20 days of this program you are going to want to use machines like the treadmill, elliptical trainer, arc trainer, and any other cardiovascular machine that you can find. You can also run outside, rollerblade, jump rope, bicycle, or do anything that you want.
• To increase your chances of hitting your goal, wake up in the morning and do a mini session every day. This can mean that you pop in a workout dvd, make up your own workout, or just take a jog around the block. This is a great way to get your metabolism burning early in the morning.
• Interval training is very important with weight loss, and after you are comfortable working out you are going to want to start incorporating this in your workout.
• After the first 10-14 days of only cardio, you can work in some light weights to begin toning, but make sure that you aren't cutting back on the cardiovascular activity.
It is possible if you are very overweight to lose 20 pounds in 20 days, but it is going to take a lot of commitment, and also a lot of work. The weight falls off the easiest as first, so make sure that you keep pushing yourself after the first 20 pounds. Don't let anything stand in your way of becoming healthy, lean, and fit, and commit yourself to this program today.