You don't even know what you're in for.When you start seeing someone new, there's a whole slew of potentially awkward "firsts" that happen. You know, the first time you kiss, the first time they meet your friends, the first time you spend the night. Sure, all of these things are decently monumental -- but the most? The first time you do the dirty.
More from The Stir: A Single Girl's Open Letter to All Future Mr. Wrongs
Sex, making love, doing "it," smushing, shagging: However you wanna put it, getting it on for the first time opens up all sorts of new doors in a relationship. When you and your partner get intimate, a whole different side of their personality is revealed. Sometimes, that side is ... slightly alarming. Heck, sometimes -- it can be downright frightening.
Check out our list of 10 bedroom red flags that may make you wanna think things over a few times:
1. He keeps his condoms in a red velvet bag next to his bed. Just how many women has he reached in this magical bag for?
2. He's a biter. And not the good, playful kind either. His personal unspoken goal is to make you bleed ... at least twice.
More from The Stir: Woman Bites Boyfriend Because She's Hungry for Attention
3. He has to play a radio talk show when you're having sex, and often wants to fall asleep to it. I'm sorry ... are you paying attention to me, or the news?
4. He tells you he has a rule for being in bed with clothes on. If he makes you strip the second you hit the sheets, steer clear.
5. He has to wash his sheets the second the deed is done. A little too OCD, maybe?
6. He asks you to role play within the first three times of hitting the sack. I'm sorry, is what I have to offer as plain 'ol me just not enough?
7. He refuses to look at you in the eye during the deed.
8. His "love" grip is actually painful. There's a difference between grabbing your backside in a moment of lust and digging his unmanicured nails into your thighs. Ouch.
More from The Stir: 8 Flirting Mistakes You Don't Want To Make!
9. There are half-naked girls anywhere near his bed other than you. I'm talking photos, of course. News flash: we're not in high school anymore.
10. His sex toy collection is bigger than any of your girlfriends', and he has them on display proudly.
What are some of your bedroom red flags?
Image via Katie Tegtmeyer/ Flickr
More from The Stir: