Last week, I wrote a list of the things my children never say, like, "Mommy is on the phone right now, so let's entertain ourselves quietly," and "You're in the bathroom? OK, I'll wait to ask you my unimportant question." Some of the statements proved to be pretty universal, and it made me wonder if the same could be said for spouses. The following are statements I only dream of hearing my husband utter. Do these things go unsaid in other homes, too?
More from The Stir: 11 Ways You Know Your Relationship Is Over
1. Let me load the dishwasher. The mess in the kitchen is really bothering me.
2. I'd really like for you to try a new, exotic recipe! Maybe you can even use the Crock-Pot!
3. I was thinking I'd get the kids up early and take them to a park today.
4. Here's the remote. You can pick what to watch.
5. I love the new pink hue of my undershirts! You should wash your red socks with my whites more often!
6. You could really use some new black yoga pants. Why don't you head to Target?
7. I just love driving your car. It's so ... well cared for!
8. What was it that you wanted me to do? I'd love to do it now before you have to ask me again.
9. Here, take all of the blanket.
More from The Stir: 7 Signs It's Totally Time to Dump Him
10. Those dirty socks balled up by the bed? Those are mine. I'm going to go un-ball them and put them in the hamper.
What does YOUR husband never, ever say?
More from The Stir:
Image via Scary Mommy