I'd give up sex for Bermuda.If someone asked you to give up sex for an entire year, do you think you'd be able to do it? Oh c'mon -- you'd survive just fine, and I'm sure there are a few things in your life that you would rather have as opposed to getting your groove on.
One new survey showed that 21% of Americans would give up sex for a year just to have access to the Internet. Hmm. I guess sometimes Twitter and Facebook are way more entertaining than getting it on, right? Considering that my job is completely dependent on my Internet connection, I have to admit that I fall into the 21% on this one for sure. And you know what? I can think of at least 10 more things that I'd definitely trade sex for.
More from The Stir: Here's How to Have Great Phone Sex
1. Uninterrupted sleep - I'd take 365 good 8-hour stretches of snooze time over rolling between the sheets for sure.
2. Eating without weight gain - If I could chow down on pizzas, cheeseburgers, and decadent slices of cake for an entire year without worrying about them winding up on my hips? I'd forgo sex in a hot minute.
3. Zero credit card debt - I'll become celibate right now if someone throws me a fat wad of cash to eliminate all of my credit card debt.
4. Laundry fairy - Having someone come in and take care of my least favorite household chore sounds so much more satisfying than the horizontal limbo.
5. Bi-weekly salon visits - Getting a fresh shampoo and blowout at the salon a couple times a week? Yes, please. See ya later, sex.
More from The Stir: 15 (More) Sex Tips From Men to Women
6. Two-weeks in Bermuda - Give me an all expense paid trip to Bermuda (my fave spot) where all I am expected to do for two entire weeks is sit on the beach and sip rum swizzles, and I'll sign a no-sex-for-a-year contract right now. (Even my husband would agree with this one).
7. Interior decorator - I've lived in my house for over 5-years and there are only two pictures on the walls. If someone comes in and redecorates my house, I promise not to engage in any funny business in the master bedroom.
8. Coffee - This one is kind of a no brainer. Nothing comes between me and my java. Nothing.
9. Vacation home - Give me an adorable little cottage by the coast that I can retreat to every weekend to unwind and recharge -- and I'll gladly become a nun.
More from The Stir: Exercise Orgasms Are a New Reason to Hit the Gym
10. An extra hour in the day - Adding one extra hour to every day of the year would serve a much greater purpose in my life than having regular sex. Sad, but true.
What would it take to convince you to give up sex for a whole year?
Image via eGuide Travel/Flickr
More from The Stir: