You don't have to show all your cards upfront, but...
By Chiara Atik for HowAboutWe
You don't have to show all your cards upfront, but there are some things you should definitely reveal about yourself within the first few weeks of dating someone new...
1. You're not looking for something serious. (Or you are exclusively looking for something serious.)
2. Kids! You have them. (Whether or not they live with you, you should still bring it up.)Related: 10 Things Women Notice About Men First
3. Anything they should know before taking the reins on date planning -- whether it's a lifestyle choice (you're a vegetarian; you don't drink) or a medical condition (you're allergic to gluten; you have severe asthma).
4. Your political affiliation, if not being of similar minds is a dealbreaker to you.
5. If you've ever been married, just because it's an awkward thing to drop on to someone the longer you've been dating.Related: 15 Good Reasons To Make Out With Someone
6. Your religious beliefs, if you're very religious.
7. You have a crazy job with long/unusual hours.Related: 4 Things Men Keep Private From Women
8. You're bisexual.
9. You smoke pot every day. (Or regularly take any other kind of drug.)
10. If you're a virgin. Especially if you plan on staying one until marriage.