by Gena Kaufman, Glamour
Have you ever noticed that the majority of phrases associated with football can sound pretty sexy if you want them to? I mean, the penalties alone: physical contact, holding, illegal use of hands?!? Come on. It's almost too easy.
See more: 11 Fall Hair and Makeup Looks You'll Love
It's football season, and where I'm from (it's Ohio State Buckeye territory, folks), the entire city is dead serious about tailgating. Seriously, it's like a roundup of thousands of hot dudes getting all fired up and excited. Score! How in the world have I not managed to meet any guys through all this yet? Oh right, because half of them are in college and I'm 30. Ew.
Anyway…if you find yourselves at a tailgate, or a game, or just watching at a bar with a roomful of good-looking and hopefully age-appropriate men (and a plate of fries), you might need to take some action. So here's a list of pick up lines you can use. Yes, they're all totally groan-worthy, and no, I don't care. Pickup lines are in again, remember?
See more: 35 New Ways to Wear Your Jeans
* That's quite a tight end you've got there. Wink!
* Do you prefer two hand or full touch contact?
* I wish you were on the team because I'd love to see your backfield in motion.
* I definitely plan to go for two after I score.
* Are you going to ask me out soon, or do I need to call delay of game?
* Good game--you certainly scored all your extra points with me.
* How about we kick off a new relationship tonight?
* Excuse me, are you an eligible receiver...of my phone number?
* I've never made an incomplete pass, and I hope you won't be my first.
* Consider this your two-minute warning--before I kiss you.
* Instead of zone defense, what do you say we play a little man-to-woman coverage tonight?
And remember, when in doubt that your line hasn't gone over well, just repeat it.