1. Not feeling incredibly confident about your smile? These days, teeth whitening strips can be bought at any drugstore for about $25, and the whole process takes about two weeks. Whiter teeth will make you feel and look younger. You just may find yourself looking for excuses to smile at other people all the time. Smiles are sexy.
2. Take a new risk that scares you. It doesn't have to be as drastic as bungee-jumping or riding a motorcycle. It can be filling out applications for graduate school to prepare you for the career of your dreams. It can be starting salsa-dance lessons with the full knowledge of your two left feet. It can be finally confiding your feelings to someone you are intensely infatuated with. Doing something scary and surviving it will inspire you to take more risks. Courage is sexy.
3. Treat yourself to a minor wardrobe change. You don't need to buy an entire new wardrobe. You can treat yourself to a few fashion staple updates that will change your everyday attire, and they don't have to break your wallet. A new pair of boots for the fall. A new jacket for colder weather. A new pair of work shoes. A new watch or a new bold necklace that will make a plain T-shirt look exciting. Evolving your sense of style is sexy.
4. Don't be afraid to sweat. Dance at a club. Go on morning jogs. Go mountain-biking. Do tai-chi. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. Our bodies were meant to move. When we are in touch with our bodies' physical capabilities, we treat our own bodies with more respect. Physical fitness is sexy.
5. Face value. Our faces are transmitters of emotions and ideas. More than that, they give us our core sense of identity. Love and respect your unique face that only you have by regularly pampering your face--and no, it doesn't have to involve Botox or expensive make-up. Treat yourself to DIY facials. Splash your face with cool black tea without rinsing. Regularly enjoy professional eyebrow threading--or learn to sculpt your own eyebrows yourself. Our faces deserve only the best. Unconditionally loving and respecting your face is sexy.
6. Loosen up. You can have a drop-dead gorgeous figure, but a tense face hardened by anxiety and stress is hardly ever attractive to anyone. If you ever feel your facial features tightening up, imagine a cool stream of soothing light running through your head. Or imagine the face of someone you love--whether it is a family member, friend or significant other. Even better--find something that will make you laugh. Your inner radiance will make other people want to be around you. Inner peace is sexy.
By Yumi Sakugawa on Intent.com
READ MORE BY YUMI SAKUGAWA:
- Go Vegan Raw for a Day with These Super-Easy Recipes
- How to Lose Weight: Five Healthy Lifestyle Make-Overs to Start Doing Now
- Eating Healthy Simply by Replacing X with Y
- 11 One-Ingredient DIY Face Masks for Perfect Skin
- 7 Principles for Everlasting Happiness: Reverse Psychology Happiness