Scott Alden for HowAboutWe
So you started dating someone this summer and you're not sure if it's going to last into the more blustery weather. Maybe it was never meant to. Maybe it was just a "summer fling, don't mean thing." There are only 11 ways to know for sure.
1. You find yourself getting excited for the new Fall TV line-up. During sex.
2. You were so panicked that they might suggest a couples costume for Halloween that you've told them you don't condone holidays that "celebrate evil."
3. You hope their Pumpkin Spice Latte burns their stupid tongue so that maybe they'll stop saying such stupid things for one minute.
4. You're seeing someone else. (It's a book of Sudoku puzzles.)
5. You're not so much going on dates with them as "temporarily putting off your knitting."
6. Their internship at your office is over.
7. You've realized that if you don't get rid of them soon, you won't have time to find someone else to suffer through the winter with.
8. You refuse to wear anything from your cute new fall wardrobe because you don't want to "waste it" on them.
9. They looked way better when you were drunk. All summer.
10. You're ready for something more serious. Like starting Dawson's Creek again from Season One and doing it right this time.
11. You're going back to school and you're just going to be way too busy with classes to date anyone who's not someone other than them.