If you've been or get dumped in December, you've just qualified for one of the largest singles clubs. That's because year after year the two week period leading up to Christmas is the most popular time for relationship breakups. If you're one of this season's casualties, treat yourself to a getaway and give yourself something to look forward to now or in the New Year!
1. Sweat Out Your Anger: The best revenge you can get after a breakup is looking even hotter than you did before. The good news is that bootcamp is hot, pilates is not, according to a new survey forecasting fitness trends for 2011. So instead double-dipping into the cookie jar, spend a week or long weekend getting your butt into better than ever gear. There are co-ed or same sex fitness programs where you can spend your time training, conditioning and tanning, all listed on Bootcampfinder.com.
2. Cruise to A Special Place: A little time at sea will help put things in perspective and give you something to look forward to. MSC Cruises has slashes rates for solo travelers this winter on seven-night voyages in the Caribbean. Starting fares for single occupancy cabins on the MSC Poesia have been slashed to as low as $574.80, not including government fees and taxes. The rates, available for all categories of cabins on the ship except suites, represent a savings of more than 30% off the amount solo travelers normally have to pay. The promotion is available for MSC Poesia cruises that depart between now and Feb. 12, including: Seven-night "Western Caribbean Wonders" cruises on Dec. 5, Jan. 16 and 30, and Feb. 13 out of Fort Lauderdale to Key West, Fla.; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico.
3. Play Out New Fantasies on the Slopes: Want to revive your inner flirt? Try some cold weather sport and some après ski with strangers in front of a blazing fire. Ski Divas is an outlet operated by Jessica Baker which offers ski clinics and workshops for women in places like La Grave, France / February 6-13, 2011 and Mt. Baldy, Okanagan Region, British Columbia / February 26-27, 2011. For a co-ed experience be sure to check out Best Single Travel which has outdoor excursions planned for Winter Park, Colorado (January 16-22), Jackson Hole, Wyoming (February 20-26) and Big Sky, Montana March 13-19.
4. Ride Out the Wave - Want to find some calm amidst or at the end of the emotional storm? Get your body on a surf board and gain confidence by conquering your fears. New to the Caribbean is Swell Surf Camp, located on the North coast of the Dominican Republic, right in the surfer town of Cabarete - a budget-friendly retreat that offers spinning and yoga options as part of your package.
5. Drink Your Way to Recovery - Instead of feeling sorry for yourself and binging on booze like the sorry soul in Sideways, plan a controlled bender in a remote spot where you can sip slowly on wines and reclaim your carefree spirit. These days there are hundreds of tasting trips and packages available so your best bet is to search for key words in Google "wine tasting packages + Italy."
SingleEdition.com is a lifestyle destination where singles get advice, discounts and connect with other singles, and share their inspiring personal success stories. To read more articles about the single lifestyle, click here! Or follow us on Facebook.com and Twitter.com for updates, advice and information!