Fall in Love this Season
Posted by Alex Johnson for Bounceback.com
Here we are. Another season is about to bestowed upon us. It is a season that most welcome and that season is what we all refer to as fall. With this season comes so many wonderful things, you get to debut the new wardrobe, grabbing your first of many pumpkin spiced lattes at your local Starbucks and of course the leaves changing all around you. Now that we have the wardrobe, the latte and nature all under in motion, the new season also brings up the concept of dating.
Related: Fall Back in Love With Yourself
For those that are already attached or for those out there that are about to discover what dating is like during this season, I would like to share 5 of the Best Dates for the Fall season. Let's let the leaves fall shall we?
1. Apple Picking: Those that live even in the big cities where orchards are not within arm's length venture out to the nearest apple picking farms. This is a fun date because not only can the adventure begin the minute you get in the car to drive to the orchard but can continue once you bring back all of those delicious apples that the two of you picked together. I mean, those apples aren't going to cook themselves. Someone has to turn those apples into apple pie; might as well be the two of baking something in the kitchen.
2. The Foliage Walk: This one is my particular favorite. You both meet at the nearest coffee shop, grab something warm to drink and head over to your local park. Thus begins the foliage walk through the park, where you can cover so much ground. You are enjoying the scenery of all the leaves turning those luscious colors of auburn and burnt orange all the while you are finding yourself having the most fantastic conversation with your partner that before you know it, you have not only realized your entire hot chocolate is empty but also that you have burned off some calories in the process. This is what we call a win-win date.
3. Festivals: Tis the season for the county and state fairs, the bazaars and all of those things that require you to at least give the fried foods and carnival rides a chance. When trying this date, keep in mind that it could require you breaking your diet or witnessing animals being showcased like you never have seen before. Regardless of the activity, embrace whatever it is that you are doing for you will be pleasantly surprised at the amount of fun the two of you can have over a shared ride in a spooky house (who doesn't like to grab onto your loved one when you are scared) or while sharing a deep fried Oreo cookie.
4. Cooking Classes: As a person that doesn't even know how to boil water, I admit that the kitchen intimidates me but at the same time also admire those that can cook. Hence, the date that requires using pots and pans, otherwise known as: Cooking With Your Loved One. Any city or town will have these sorts of "couples" classes announced and it is always best to register ahead of time. This is a great bonding time for both of you, plus not only are you learning how to create a meal together but the risk of even getting in an argument is minuscule because you are in public. Once you master this meal in the kitchen who knows what else you both will be able to create. Bon appetite!
5. Wine Tasting: This date comes in a close second for me, right after the foliage walk. If only we can combine the two dates that would be perfect. Nonetheless, getting away from your daily life, knowing that you both will be embarking on a view of the vineyards that are so spectacular you forget about all your all your troubles. It is just you, your partner and the staff of the vineyard that will be filling up your glasses with delicious wines. This date is perfect for you can design it to be just about the two of you or you can get to know the patrons that are also enjoying the wine tasting. Making new friends or simply enjoying your togetherness, this date is something to raise your glasses to. Drink responsibly and soak in those grapes. Cheers.
These are just a few examples of some dates you can do during the fall. Whether or not you are attached matters not, this time of year is a great time to enjoy the outdoors, the indoors and embrace a new season. Have fun and wear a scarf!
Coming Soon! BounceBack's 4 Phase Recovery Program: Developed by a psychologist and customized for you, our 4 Phase Program has everything you need to find happiness after heartbreak.
BounceBack.com helps people find happiness in the right relationship. If you've been through a breakup, divorce, or just haven't been able to find happiness in your love life,BounceBack is a place to tell your story, get community support and advice from experts, and find the confidence and strength you need to move forward. Follow us on Twitter!
More articles on BounceBack.com:
How to Bounce Back After a Break Up
How to Survive the First Months of Living Together
How Soon is Too Soon to Sleep Together?
Alex Johnson is a freelance writer and is currently living in New York City. Follow his blog about love, dating and all in between at: www.updatenyc.net