Getty ImagesOkay, so my friend comes up to me and says she had this 'gut' feeling that her boyfriend of one year was cheating on her - poor thing! She didn't know what to do! Well, first of all, some people may think if you doubt your relationship you either have issues with esteem, or your relationship is already doomed. Not true. We're human. We're careful. We sometimes even question the best things in the world to us. So, I squashed that right off the bat and offered her these five things to look for, and five ways to catch him:
5 warning signs that he MIGHT be cheating:
1. He starts hitting the gym and changing his appearance for the more positive.
2. He starts altering his routine, not coming home on time as often - or has a sudden surge in business meetings… late business meetings.
3. He starts taking calls where he has to go outside for 'privet conversation'.
4. He's not interested in sex as much. Who says 'no' to sweet lovin'?
5. He starts spending a lot more time emailing and texting at all hours of the night.
5 ways to catch him in the act:
1. Put spyware in his computer and start reading his emails. It may sound scandalous, but if he has nothing to hide…
2. Try to get a hold of his credit card statements to see if he spent money on candy, flowers and gifts… that weren't for you.
3. Check his phone records for unusual activity and strange frequent numbers.
4. Stake out his house. Be sure to bring blankets - it can get cold at night!
5. Check his Facebook page to see if he's added a bevy of beauties!
If you don't feel comfortable doing any of this yourself… hire a detective to it! Oh, and don't get caught - or you'll have a lot of explaining to do!
For more of my relationship tips, pick up my book "Become Your Own Matchmaker" available at Amazon.com or bookstores everywhere, and tune in to my radio show every Thursday on XM Pink 24 or Mix 22 at 4PM Pacific called PS I LOVE YOU!