Most of us love a good romp in the sack -- it's fun to get butt-naked and down and dirty. The problem is, sometimes, when we've been with the same partner, we find ourselves in the same old position having the same old sex every couple of days. Is it good? Sure. Satisfying? Yes. But is it all there is?
NO. You can get creative. But guess what? You can also get in shape while having sex! Seriously!
Here are some ways to make sex a body-sculpting workout. Bye-bye, gym!
More from The Stir: How to Get Down and Dirty When You Have Kids
1) Girl on Top - This may be an old standby for some, but for me it's nearly impossible to do. I don't bend that way easily, and if I get on up there, I need a support system to hold me in place. So I use the bed frame when needed and work out those thigh muscles so I'll someday be able to do it all easy style.
2) Missionary (Plus Legs) - The most common position, missionary, does very little for your legs and abdominal muscles ... until you throw said legs in the air (like you just don't care ... sorry, had to). If it's not easy at first, try using pillows for support and rest when needed -- or have your partner hold them up for you.
3) Changing It On Up - There's no reason to stay in one position the whole time you're getting it on. So change it up. Crawl on top, let him crawl on top, and flip a few more times throughout. Not only will it make sex last longer, it will help you tone a whole bunch of muscles you rarely use (kind of like tennis, unless you're a tennis pro).
More from The Stir: 8 Great Ways to Arouse a Woman
4) Doggie Style - There are a lot of women who don't like this position. It's uncomfortable sometimes, it's awkward sometimes, but it's also incredibly good exercise for your thighs. So give it a gander and see if it works out. You can always tell your partner "not so deep," and try slowing it down, which might feel better.
5) Find Another Place - There are zillions of places in the house to attack each other in lust aside from the old standby bedroom, including the bathroom, which comes with a bonus locking door. Grab the sink and hold on for dear life. This position allows for some really kick-ass-looking legs if you can hold them steady. Just remember that jelly legs afterward mean you've done it right!
What are some other awesome body-sculpting sex moves you've tried?
Image via rhonogle/Flickr
More from The Stir: