Photo: Juniperimages/Getty Images
By Deana Meccariello for Cupid's Pulse
So you finally scored yourself that hot summer fling you've been searching for and dreaming about for months. What now? Unless you work to keep your rendezvous' as hot as the summer nights, the relationship will lose its appeal to one or both parties. Here are 5 ways to ensure that you keep your romance as sizzling as that very first tryst:
1. Keep it light: The theory behind having a summer fling is that at the end of the season, you're meant to let that person go. While these flings can turn into a more meaningful and serious relationship, try not to have any expectations going into them. These kinds of relationships are of the no pressure, fun-loving sort. Once you try to label things or bend the relationship to fit what you think it should be, the fun is over.
2. Limit your time together: Don't suffocate each other. It's a sure-fire way to fizzle out the flame between you. If you see each other every day or talk constantly, the relationship is bound to get too serious for the season. Have set days to be with each other one-on-one, and otherwise socialize in a group setting.
3. Be romantic: Just because you're having a lighthearted summer relationship doesn't mean it only has to revolve around sex. Feel free to have romantic nights with each other without jeopardizing the rest of the summer. Watch the sunset on the beach over a bottle of wine or simply share a candlelit dinner in your backyard. This will keep your time together passionate and memorable.
4. Don't get jealous: Sure, jealousy to a degree can be flattering. However, when you take it to the point of no return, no good can come of it. A summer fling is meant to have no strings attached.
5. Don't eat sour grapes: When all is said and done, the summer always ends. If your fling goes away with the leaves on the trees, don't get angry or bitter. Simply be grateful for what you experienced. If you cross paths in the future, you'll be able to do it in a positive light. After all, summer rolls around every year bringing those summer beaus with it.
Do you have any idea about how to keep your summer fling sizzling? Comment below.