We polled hundreds of women about how they want men to handle weird moments when you and your guy are together. Put his responses to the test.
By Korin Miller
1. She mentions that her last relationship ended badly. She wants you to…
A. Change the subject
B. Ask for details
Answer: ASK FOR DETAILS
As low as ex-boyfriend talk ranks on your list of conversation topics, 55 percent of women say they want you to show you care about their feelings. So try "That sounds brutal. Do you want to talk about it?" Most people know not to yammer about exes on dates, so she'll likely change the subject.
2. Halfway through dinner, you notice there's something stuck in her teeth. She wants you to…
A. Gently point it out
B. Ignore it
Answer: GENTLY POINT IT OUT
This can be awkward, but 90 percent of women say they would be horrified if they hit the bathroom and saw a gob of spinach clinging to their incisors. Say "Hey, you have a -little something," and gesture at your teeth. Make light of the situation with a remark like "I hate when that happens to me and no one says anything."
Related: What It Means To Be "Good in Bed"
3. She comes back to the table after spending 10 minutes in the bathroom. She wants you to…
A. Ask if she's okay
B. Don't mention it
Answer: DON'T MENTION IT
There could be a lot of reasons why she was held up-maybe there was a line, she wanted to touch up her makeup, or that spicy tuna appetizer you -insisted on ordering isn't sitting well with her. Either way, 70 percent say they wouldn't want to talk about it, so play it safe and zip it.
4. The bill hits the table, and you both know she makes double your salary. She wants you to…
A. Pick up the check
B. Let her get it
Answer: PICK UP THE CHECK
It's hard when she makes more in an hour than you do in a day, but 72 percent of women say they still hope the guy will get the check on a first date. So wave off her -wallet. If she protests, tell her she can buy you a drink next week. It'll show her that you didn't brush her off and you want to go out with her again.
Related: Her Secret Sex Fantasies
5. You just dropped her off at her place and want to let her know you had a great time. She wants you to…
A. Text her right away
B. Wait till tomorrow
Answer: TEXT HER RIGHT AWAY
Most guys wait a while to follow up, which women don't dig (68 percent want to hear from you within the hour). So text her when you get home to stand out. Of course, you don't want to come on too strong, so keep it short. Try "Had a great time -tonight. Hope we can do it again soon."
- Be A Part of Cosmo's International Don't Fake It Day
- 10 Things That Make You Undateable
- How to Decode His Body Language