Man's shadowThere are some basic things women feel are the most important qualities a man must have when looking for a mate. Things like a sense of humor, must be attractive (to that woman), some smarts, and of course together you must have that spark to ignite the bed sheets into a smoldering pile of hot sexiness.
More from The Stir: 8 Signs It's Time to Take a Break From Your Relationship
But there are other things us women want that we may not readily admit to yet can be a deal-breaker. I asked many women from all over the country about what they really want in a man. Some of these qualities may surprise some men, but I think all of us ladies have at least some of these on our 'list.'
- Chest hair. Not back hair, and not hairy all over his body. Just chest hair.
- Nice teeth. And must have all of them.
- Good looking feet.
- A guy who can be social with strangers.
- Must love his mom.
- Someone who doesn't drive like a psycho.
- A guy who puts gas in my car and washes instead of giving me flowers.
- Large hands.
- Soft hands. Definitely not sandpaper hands but not too squishy either.
- Someone who is willing to cook, even if he sucks at it.
- A guy who is willing to wear a princess crown in public if his daughter asks him to.
- Respect for women as equals.
- Broad shoulders.
- An intact penis.
- A circumcised penis.
- Geekiness with intelligence.
- A guy with good Joss Whedon knowledge.
- Someone who can play instruments and/or sing well.
- A man who is eager to please.
- Someone who doesn't freak out if I fart in front of him.
- Good endurance in the tongue muscle.
- A man who isn't squeamish.
- A guy who isn't ashamed to be both student and teacher.
- Someone who isn't afraid to kill bugs (or trap them and release them humanely).
- A guy who rides a motorcycle.
- Someone who knows how to drive stick.
- Must love pets.
- Someone who has the patience to learn how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
- Someone who can fix things around the house.
- A man who lets me do whatever I want to him ... sexually.
- An ability to be spontaneous. Especially sexually.
- A guy who can pick up and go to a park for a picnic in an hour's notice.
- Strength of character, besides his physical strength.
- A man who knows how to operate firearms.
- A guy who will be a babywearing kind of dad.
- Someone who isn't afraid to say 'I love you.'
- A hand holder.
- A door opener.
- A guy who reads books.
- A man who is taller than me.
- A man who weighs more than me.
- Someone whose thumbs aren't glued to his phone all the time.
- A gamer, willing to play with me.
- A guy who can go to the mall and into all the stores I want to go in and not complain.
- A man who isn't afraid to get a pedicure with me.
- Strong thighs.
- A guy who looks at me when I talk and really listens.
- Someone who knows how to dress sharp.
- A man who knows when he's wrong and can say sorry.
- A man who can say "whatever you want, you're the boss" and he isn't being sarcastic or condescending.
More from The Stir: 3 Very Common Sex Problems You Shouldn't Feel Ashamed to Have
How many of these things would make your list?
Image via Walt Stoneburner/Flickr
More from The Stir:Patti Stanger's Offensive Dating Advice Could End Her Career