Ariane Marder, Glamour magazine
I miss working in an office for a number of reasons (motivation to put on pants, free coffee and exercising my vocal chords by speaking aloud.) But I mostly miss the chance to have a work husband. Casey the dog's fine and all, but she's a girl and sometimes I think all she wants to do is play. Below are six signs you have a real work husband and not a canine trying to sabotage your professional life:
See more: Spring 2012's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
1. Your Gchat conversation is always open, and you can send links back and forth with no explanation (not even an emoticon). And he knows it's in his best interest to click on it in a timely fashion.
2. After meetings, he's the first one you go to for a debriefing and, subsequently, to ask for help while you completely revamp the project your boss approved--and then forgot she approved.
See more: 7 Signs of True Love
3. He knows who you're referring to when you say the "devil wears denim tuxedos."
4. When your mom calls the office (like she does everyday at 9 a.m.), he always says, "Tell Donna I say, 'Heyyy.'"
See more: 19 Cute Celebrity Hairstyles to Consider
5. He has no qualms about telling you that your lipstick shade makes you look drunk.
6. He understands that if you don't have you Skinny Vanilla Soy Latte by 4 p.m., he should look for you in the supply closet where you carved out a perfectly-comfortable nap space.
Do you have a work husband? Am I missing out? Does your man have a work wife? Would it bother you if he did?
More from Glamour: