Are you ready for a stress-free vacation?You have Googled, planned, phoned and negotiated, finalized reservations and even purchased sexy undergarments for yourself and your companion. But have you forgotten the most important ingredient for the most romantic time of your life? Do you know what that important ingredient might be?
The answer is attitude. Attitude is affected by your energy and the way you feel. Will you feel on-edge or free-flowing, vibrant and sexy? It all comes down to attitude. Lets have a closer look at how your attitude can affect your romantic vacation. Read More: Traveling Solo? How To Meet Men On Vacation
1. Remember: You are responsible for your own happiness. I am sure this is not earth shattering news to you, but you would be surprised at how many people embark on romantic trips expecting their partners to make them happy. If you want to make yourself happy and enjoyable to be around, it is a good idea to leave your judgments and criticisms at home. We are all wired in a way that allows us to let go of upsetting thoughts. Focus on what you appreciate about your surroundings and take your focus away from what you do not like.
2. Entertain love in your heart. With love in your heart you become magnetic. Wouldn't you prefer to be around someone who has a heart filled with love? Especially if that someone happens to be your travel companion. That is what you want your partner to feel for you. Your attitude will either attract what you want from your partner or it will deflect what you want. Read More: 7 Tips For Traveling As A Couple
3. Maximize your senses. Notice the aromas, bird calls and the wind against your cheek. Notice the flowers, tree bark and the earth beneath your feet. Be in love with your essence and your ability to experience all of this. Another aspect of your essence is the ability to experience another person. The times you will forget to check in with your senses, will be the times you are in your head. It is best to get out of your head and into your heart.
4. Let yourself experience your companion. It can be scary to rely on one person to be a best friend, lover, confidant and companion. This is why many vacationers will spend far too much time on their cell phones or emailing. Who would want to be around that distraction? It might be a tall order to experience one person in so many roles. But, it is only our fearful thoughts that can get in the way. If you know ahead of time that you do not have to believe these scary thoughts, you will avoid negative feelings. When you do avoid negative feelings, you end up creating a healthy attitude, that is lighthearted and fun to be around.
5. Let your fears feel like a stretch. They will not last forever and it feels good to let them out. Our feelings can be exhilarating at times, just do not let them rule you. Feel your thoughts, then let them go. When we relax, thoughts and feelings flow easily through us. We do not have the tendency to hang onto bad feelings when we are relaxed, as we do when we are tense.
6. Let your inner child come out to play. Love and cherish the child within you. Set them free. Get creative, lustful, sneaky and adventurous. You will swear you were sixteen all over again. You can rewrite history and create a brand new script now. There is so many ways to be creative and have fun. Your playful attitude will most likely bring some creative ideas out of your companion as well. Read More: How To Meet A Hottie While Traveling
Making the most of your romantic holiday is all about the attitude you bring along with you. You can bend and mold your attitude when you see the value in doing so. Sometimes we lose sight of our best intentions. We get overtired and cranky, but we can also excuse ourselves when that happens. You do not have to wait for a romantic vacation to try any of these suggestions. Think of it as practice for your next romantic getaway.
Written by Lori Carpenos for YourTango.com.
More From YourTango.com: