Alone time with your guy can be hard to come by, so why not make those precious hours you two share extra exciting? Use these fiery reader tips to spice up your next date night. From a cocktail party for two to the electric kiss, tantalizing tips for making the most of your together time. And when you're ready to take it to the next level, peruse more steamy tips.
1. Let him indulge you: "It's not what we do when we go out, it's the ritual we perform when we get home. I peel off my clothes while my man runs a bath. Then he sits on the side of the tub and washes me from head to toe."
Related: 43 Date Night Ideas
2. Dance your hearts out: "To get our adrenaline going just before we go out, I roll up the carpet in the living room, dim the lights, crank the CD player to a mix of our favorite dance tunes and start dancing solo. My husband usually comes rushing in to watch me, and after a song or two he can't help but join in."
3. Transform your living room: "We turn our living room floor into a romantic space by moving the coffee table off to the side so we have room to lay down layers of soft blankets. We cover the lamps with scarves, light scented candles and incense, and put fresh flowers in the room. We also keep chocolate-covered strawberries, a bottle of our favorite wine and a basket of massage oils nearby. For a few hours our ordinary room is turned into our own sensual play space."
Related: The New Trend for Soon-To-Be Dads
4. Try a new kiss: "On our last run-of-the-mill date night (dinner at a local pizza joint), my husband got a little creative by bringing along a book called The Art of Kissing: Book of Questions and Answers. We had a laugh reading about unusual kissing styles (like the 'electric kiss,' which is done by rubbing your feet back and forth on a carpet before you touch lips) over dinner, and then had a sexy night trying them out once we got back home."
5. Relive your first date: "A local hangout occasionally books a cover band my husband and I loved when we were first dating. Whenever one of us spots the listing in the paper, we make sure to plan a date and get there early enough to request a live version of 'our' song. Dancing to it together always brings us right back to when we first met."
Related: 19 Ways to Pump Up a Party
6. Shaken or stirred? "We hold a private cocktail party! I usually choose a recipe from my favorite bartending book, Paradise on Ice. I pick up whatever ingredients I need on the way home (say, some exotic fruits, like lychee, for a Bali Highball or fresh spearmint leaves for a classic mojito). Then I leave the cocktail shaker and strainer on the kitchen counter-along with an invitation for my husband to find when he comes home from work telling him to meet me in the backyard for drinks."
Related: 9 Summer Finds That Make Every Woman Sexier
7. Act like a teenager: "We create our own version of a drive-in by hitting our favorite local fast-food joint, where we order burgers, fries, and milk shakes. Then the two of us take a ride to the most scenic site in our area, park the car, and chow down on our dinner in the front seat. For dessert: some good old-fashioned necking in the back seat till we can't stand it anymore."
Read more: 20 Ways to Spice Up Your Next Date Night - Redbook
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.