Every culture has different sets of rules they follow. Everything from how we eat to how we do our hair is subject to social rules. Nowhere is this more apparent than when it comes to dating. Now some of the advice may not apply to you, some may be laughable, and some may make you roll your eyes.
But some of these tips for women can make dating and mating so much easier. Finding and snagging Mr. Right can be as easy as following some of these helpful hints.
More from The Stir: 35 Brutally Honest Reasons Men Say No to Sex
Here are some awesomely good dating tips for women.
1) Men love elusive women. Try not to reveal too much information at once. Don't tell him your life history, your blood type, the last time you had a bowel movement -- just keep him wondering about you.
2) No matter what your salary, try to look great wherever you are. You never know when that special guy is hanging out just around the corner.
3) No matter how tempting, don't discuss old boyfriends and lovers. Especially their prowess in bed. Most men are visual thinkers, so if you launch into a discussion of a past sex life, he's bound to be imagining you having sex with another guy. Not cool.
More from The Stir: The Number One Trick to Getting (& Keeping) a Man
4) Don't come across as needy or desperate. It's easy to want to cling to someone you really, really dig, but most guys will turn and run if you become the clingy girl.
5) Likewise, if the guy you're seeing turns out to be a clingy emotional vampire? Don't be afraid to dump his ass. You need a guy calling you every five seconds like you need a hole in your head.
6) You don't have to wait for him to come to you -- go ahead, approach that hottie at the end of the bar. You're hot, you know it, so why not flaunt it?
7) Don't ever, EVER knock his mother. She can be the most hellish woman on the planet, but if you want to date, simply smile and nod when he mentions his mom.
More from The Stir: Horrifying Text Exchange Proves Texting Is Very Bad for Dating
8) Try to act as much like a lady as possible on the first few dates. Leave poop jokes, farting, burping, and other indelicate actions at the door. You want to come across as a lady, not as a guy with boobs.
What dating tips do YOU have to offer other women?
Image via mozzercork/Flickr
More from The Stir: