by Gena Kaufman
Scott Rudd; Steve Eichner
You know who doesn't seem into our suggestion that Katy Perry and John Mayer should never, ever get back together? Katy Perry and John Mayer.
According to reports, the musical couple may be back on--but casually. Or, as one source put it, "back together-ish." What exactly is back together-ish? Well, it apparently involves hanging out, flirting, spending nights together, and not putting a label on it. Sounds kind of vague and confusing, but plenty of people who've broken up have found themselves accidentally drifting back into together-ish status until they're totally confused about their own state of relationship.
See more: 10 Beauty Tricks That Make Guys Melt
Here are some signs you might be in back together-ish mode yourself:
* Paparazzi and random people are obsessed with catching photos of you together and getting your friends to gossip about what the deal with you two is these days. OK, this one may only be applicable if you're famous.
* Mutual friends are totally gossiping behind your back about what the deal with you two is these days. You spend three or four nights together a week, but neither of you are willing to make plans further in advance than 48 hours.
* You introduce him to other people as "This is my boyf...I mean my ex...I mean my fr...uh, this is Todd. He's that guy."
* You tell him you'll call him tonight if your dinner with clients ends early, but what you mean is you'll call him if your blind date with another guy is a disaster.
* Your engaged friend writes in to an etiquette expert to see whether it's appropriate to give you a "Plus 1" at her wedding.
* Your co-worker invites you to a party, and says, "Significant AND insignificant others are welcome."
* When you show up to said party with him, your friend's husband not-so-subtly rolls his eyes and says, "Oh man, this mess again?!" under his breath.
* When you try to update your Facebook status again, your computer is all "Sorry, this function is broken from overuse."
See more: Cringeworthy Fashion DON'Ts
Have you ever been in a back together-ish situation? What do you think of Katy and John still being kind of sort of maybe a thing?
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
10 Hot Date-Night Outfits (According to Guys)
9 Wavy Hairstyles To Try This Summer
15 Hair-Color Makeover Ideas to Try in 2013
by Gena Kaufman