TresSugarSource: Get Some Advice About Moving In Together
In our recent reader survey, 85 percent of women and 78 percent of men said moving in together before marriage is good for a relationship. Even so, making the move comes with its own set of challenges. Whether it's disapproving parents or a messy mate, our readers have been through many of the common road bumps, and have sought advice from other women in our anonymous Group Therapy forum. So take a look at some reader dilemmas. And you can click through each dilemma to see the advice from other readers.
- "I Feel Like I'm His Mother" : "I feel at 24 he should be able to take care of his own bills. Second, he never helps with anything around the house. Typical male behavior, but sometimes it feels as though I'm asking for help from a child."
- "How Is Marriage Different than Cohabitation?": "For what I see, if a relationship is doomed to failure, it doesn't matter if you are married or not, it's not going to last."
- "Parents Disapprove of Living With My Fiancé": "I am in a long-distance relationship with my fiancé while I attend graduate school. We are finally in a position where he could move down here with me, but we can't get married until this Summer. When my parents found out they were very upset."
- "What's the Different Between Living Together and Sleepovers?": "He's asked me to move in with him when my lease runs out in November, because I'm basically living with him already. I am hesitant about moving in (mostly because my parents would be very disappointed in me), but it seems like the logical thing to do."
- "How Do I Get My BF to Ask Me to Move In?": "I have been with my boyfriend for almost 7 years now. I want him to ask me to move in with him."
- I'm Afraid of Revealing My Embarrassing Habits": I am worried that spending every day together, I am forced to show my true self now, including my eating habits. My boyfriend is a very slim guy and I am a bit round. I enjoy food and I do have some cravings (cake, ice-cream, cookies etc)."
- "My Religious Parents Are Judging Me": "When I told my mother I was moving in with him, and not them, she was so angry with me and said some pretty hurtful things (i.e. I hope you never marry him)."
4 Signs Your First Date Should Be Your Last
"Am I Being Fickle or Am I Settling?"
5 Books to Put the Spring Back in Your Dating Step
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on Facebook