By Chef Jackie M. Lee | genConnect
On your search for Mr. or Mrs. Right, are you asking the right questions for yourself?
I know I am very guilty of giving my power away. We all do that sometimes when we meet someone special and really want it to work. You get caught up in the relationship and often lose the relationship with yourself. Believe me, I can count too many times where I've allowed someone in my life that kind of took over.
To avoid those drainages of time and energy, ask yourself these 5 questions and see what your answers are. How does the scale weigh? Your honest answers will help you determine if this person is right for YOU:
- How does he/she add value to your life? - Does this person bring components that make your life better? In what way and are you satisfied with the manner in which he/she does that?
- Does he/she allow you to be yourself? - Does this person accept you for who you are, warts and all? Does this person allow you to be flawed, human?
- Does he/she fit into YOUR life? - Does this person support your passions and dreams and helps in your efforts to facilitate them?
- Does he/she truly value you for just the way you are? Does this person reserve personal judgment and does not try to project his/her personal fears and worries from his/her past relationships onto you? Can this person really just let YOU be YOU?
- Click here for the most important question you should ask...
For more on genConnect:
- Is Your Date 'Dinner Worthy'?
- Master the Art of Seduction - One Bite at a Time
- Cook Up Passion for a Steamy Night In
About the Author:
Chef Jackie Lee is the winner of the Food Network's prime-time hit, "Chopped," Season One. She is currently writing her first cookbook, Dinner Worthy, about connecting with and cooking for the Right One, and developing TV show concepts for the Food Network and Bravo.
Follow Jackie M. Lee on Twitter @DinnerWorthy and Facebook
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of Jackie M. Lee's latest posts, as well as the contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.