Gourmet, Romulo YanesBy Gena Kaufman, Glamour magazine
Sometimes it might seem like men and women want different things, but when you get right down to it, there are quite a few things we all like. Do I spy some perfect first date activities?
See more: 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
Netbase analyzed 27 billion conversations (seriously people, we talk a lot) over a year on Twitter and Facebook to figure out what exactly men and women want the most, or at least talk about wanting the most. The three things that drive both ladies and gentlemen crazy with desire: Pizza, cars and ice cream. Sure, the rankings of the three differ (Men are for Cars, Women are for Hot Fudge Sundays), but really, I think this gives you all the material you need to guarantee that you both have an awesome time: Get to know each other over a couple slices, finish with an ice cream cone, and uh....go shopping for a new car together? Or uh...ride in a car together? Yeah OK, I don't know about how to work cars in, but the pizza and ice cream thing works for me.
Other nuggets pizza bites of wisdom on male and female tastes:
- Both sexes had food items as eight out of ten on their most wanted lists.
- Cookies, cake and pancakes were mutual desires, but only men chose bacon. Clearly this analysis didn't involve my Twitter or OkCupid accounts, both of which mention bacon more often than appropriate.
- Men's most wanted cars are Fords, so uh, can someone buy me one of those? Because I don't live in New York City anymore so I need a car. A guy wouldn't hurt either.
- Let's talk flavors: 35% of women prefer vanilla ice cream, while 29% prefer chocolate. I say 35% of you are cuckoo for not wanting cocoa.
- Gals' drink of choice is coffee; fellas like beer. Ladies like to treat themselves to chocolate; gentlemen prefer bacon and other meats.
See more: Spring 2012's Most Wearable Fashion Trends
Seems like the moral of this story is that everyone is obsessed with food. It's no wonder the dinner date is so popular--people love eating! For all our differences, men and women have that in common. And just like no one actually ever says, the couple that wants pizza together, stays together.
Do you and your guy have the same taste in pizza? Because that seems kind of important. Is a mutual love of food the secret to a great relationship?