TresSugarSource: My So-Called Love Life: Angela Chase on Sex and Dating
Today Claire Danes turns 33! While the birthday girl is all grown up these days as the star of Homeland and wife to hot actor Hugh Dancy, we will always remember Claire as the angsty teen heroine of My So-Called Life, Angela Chase. As one of our favorite '90s starlets, Claire's portrayal of Angela gave us someone we could relate to growing up. She went through the same friend dramas, family conflict, and, of, course, young love ups and downs we faced in those terrible in-between years of high school. So in honor of Claire's birthday, we've got the best love, sex, and dating musings from Angela on My So-Called Life.
- Rayanne: "You wanna have sex with him." Angela: "Who?" Rayanne: "Who? Jordan. Catalano. Come on, I'm not gonna tell anyone, just admit it." Angela: "I just like how he's always leaning. Against stuff. He leans great. Well, either sex or a conversation. Ideally both."
- "Love is when you look into someone's eyes and suddenly you go all the way inside, to their soul, and you both know instantly. I always imagined I'd fall in love nursing a blind soldier who was wounded in battle. Or maybe while rescuing someone in the middle of a blizzard, seconds before the avalanche hits. I thought at least by the age of 15 I'd have a love life, but I don't even have a like life!"
- "I couldn't stop thinking about it - the like, fact of it. That people had sex. That they just had it. That sex was this thing people had. Like a rash, or a Rottweiler. Everything started to seem, like, pornographic or something. Like, Miss Krzyzanowski had sex. So does Mr. Katimski. They both have sex. They could have sex together, like right now. I am, like, the sickest person."
- "I loved Jordan Catalano so much, and talked about him so much, and thought about him so much, it was like he lived inside me. Like he had taken possession of my soul, or something. And then one day . . . I got over him!"
More from TresSugar: 10 Lessons From Single Women in Movies
- Angela: "I mean, I think about it [sex] . . . all the time, but . . . " Brian: "Wait, you think about it all the time?" Angela: "Brian! Yes! Shut up . . . guys don't have a monopoly on thinking about it." Brian: "They don't?" Angela: "No!"
- Angela: "You know, you are sick and demented. You skew everything in terms of sex." Brian: "Not everything!"
- "They weren't the kind of kisses you could actually evaluate. They were more like . . . introductory kisses."
- "There's this dividing line between girls who have had sex, and girls who haven't. And all of a sudden you realize you're looking at each other across it."
- "When I was 12, my mother gave me my sex talk. I'm not sure either of us has fully recovered."
Most Memorable TV Moms and Daughters
Stars Get Intimate About Shooting Sex Scenes
The Sexy, Crazy Genius of Birthday Girl Lady Gaga
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on Facebook