Labor Day weekend is often filled with beach and barbeque, giving people an opportunity for an extra day off before the summer ends. Some celebrity couples like to keep things simple as they spend time together with the sand and the sun, while others add a little glitz and glam to the usual date plans.
In anticipation of the upcoming holiday weekend, let's look back at how the hottest duos in Hollywood celebrated Labor Day last year:
1. Partying in Las Vegas: Stars seem to flock to Sin City for a final summer blowout. Before she was on baby bump watch, Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi hosted a bash at PURE Nightclub inside Caesar's Palace with then-boyfriend Jionni LaValle. That same night, Carmen Electra and her former fiancé Rob Patterson hosted a party at Nikki Beach in the Tropicana Hotel.
Related: Date Idea: Venture Out on Labor Day
2. Lying Poolside: Other celebrity couples prefer to focus on relaxing and soaking up the last bit of summer sun. Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade spent the afternoon at a Miami Pool with Wade's two sons, while Dave and Odette Annable enjoyed some newly-wedded bliss before celebrating their one-year anniversary in October.
3. Saying "I Do": Many celebrity couples choose to tie the knot over this three-day weekend. Last year, Lauren Bush wed David Lauren, son of fashion icon Ralph Lauren, on his private ranch in Telluride, Colorado. Additionally, Mark Ronson, a well-known DJ and the brother of designer Charlotte Ronson and DJ Samantha Ronson, and actress Josephine de la Baume celebrated their wedding with a two-day celebration in Aix de Provence, France. It sounds like the perfect way to mark the end of the summer.
4. Hanging Out with Their Kids: Some Hollywood pairs opt for a more traditional route and enjoy low-key plans with their family. The Malibu Fair and Chili Cookoff was a popular spot last year: Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott took their kids, while Pink and her husband Carey Hart were there with their daughter. Also in Malibu, Nicole Richie and husband Joel Madden spent Labor Day on the beach with their two children.
5. Working: Even celebrities have to show up to work on a holiday once in a while. With the 13 th season of Dancing with the Stars underway, many of the dancing duos, including Cheryl Burke and Rob Kardashian as well as Lacey Schwimmer and Chaz Bono, were spotted practicing for the next show. Similarly, Selena Gomez was in Colorado for her 'We Own the Night' tour, keeping her away from boyfriend Justin Bieber