POPSUGAR TechSource: Don't Miss a (Heart)Beat: Valentine's Day Planning Apps
Just like any other holiday, Valentine's Day requires some thoughtful planning. From playlists to flowers to reservations to date ideas, the list feels endless. Thankfully, mobile apps are to the rescue (as usual) by covering our bases down to the detail. Whether you'll be dancing the night away or cooking at home, these apps will help make sure the date's a memorable one. Now all you have to do is show up - phew!
- Greeting Cards: Customize and send unique (read: silly) cards to those you love through email, Facebook, text, or even snail mail with the help of justWink Greeting Cards (free).
- Date Ideas: Stuck on where to take your Valentine? Don't worry, Helpful Romantic (free) will save the day. Consider the app a database of more than 100 date ideas for both guys, girls, and different relationship statuses. Just answer a few questions about your honey, and the app generates plenty of options.
- Dinner Reservations: OpenTable (free) makes booking dinner reservations a cinch. Not only can you find restaurants close by, but you can also see tables available in real time (for you procrastinators), browse menus, narrow the search by price, and more.
- Flowers : No Valentine's Day would be complete without flowers. Use the 1-800-Flowers app (free) if you're the one that's giving; use it to browse bestselling blooms and check out in one easy process straight from your phone.
- Music: Instead of creating a specific playlist, why not welcome the element of surprise by downloading this Valentine Radio app (free)? It streams music from 20 of the most romantic radio stations including ones called "candlelight" and "lounge."
- Poems : If writing poems doesn't come naturally, the Love Poem Generator ($1) will turn you into a modern-day Shakespeare. Well, maybe. Start with a line that you like and keep adding to it to form a beautiful sonnet. That, or both you and your date will be laughing at how cheesy the results can be.
- Dance Lessons: Don't got moves like Jagger? That might be the case now, but with the practice you'll get on the Dance Lessons app (free), you'll impress your date by becoming a Waltz, Tango, or Mambo pro in no time.
- Long-Distance : Stay close to your Valentine even if you're far away from each other thanks to the Avocado app (free). Send private messages, share pictures, and send virtual kisses to share the love on the special day.
Perfect Match: An App For Every Love
5 Apps For a Long Distance Romance
Lighthearted Valentine's Day Date Ideas