When we heard about Earth Hour - a worldwide initiative where more than 80 countries will turn off their lights at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 28 - we just had to put our spin on it. Behold, Cosmo's naughty advice on how to make those 60 minutes in the dark so sexy that you'll not just save the earth, you'll move it too.
1. Treat Each Other to Massages.
Massage increases blood flow, which makes every inch of your bodies more receptive to pleasure. Before we get to our Cosmo-approved techniques, keep in mind these tips: Vary the amount of pressure and strokes you use, keep talking to a minimum to avoid distractions, and make sure the room is warm enough (about 72 degrees). Also, if you're looking for a massage oil that doubles as a lubricant, try KY's Touch Massage 2-in-1 Warming Body Massage and Lubricant, $7.99. Now, a few of our favorite rubdown tricks:
- His back. With one hand on top of the other, make one long gliding stroke from the base of his spine up to his neck and back down. Repeat. Next, put your thumbs on either side of his spine and glide back down to his lower back.
- Along his sides. Place your hands on either side of his waist, fingers pointing up. These are tension-filled muscles that will love light pressure as you slide your hands up and down the sides of his torso.
- His backside. Give his buns a mini-massage with a firm kneading motion. Then move to the crease in his thigh where his legs meet his torso. Press your thumbs delicately into one crease, massaging your way from one side to the other.
2. Throw a Party of One.
If you're solo on Saturday night, take matters into your own hands. The darkness will put you in the mood to pleasure yourself. Most chicks have their own favorite techniques, but they usually start with a little mental preparation first. Try fantasizing about a naughty sexual encounter or person, or concentrate solely on what feels good or how relaxed you are. Next, explore down south, using some of Cosmo's token touches, like the Figure Eight (trace the number eight around your clitoral area). Last, if you can't quite push yourself over the edge - or just want an intense release - pull out the vibrator and lubricant.
3. Try a Sex Position That Makes You (Just a Little) Nervous.
The Cosmo Kama Sutra offers up 77 passion poses, but some require a bit more body confidence than others. (Hey, even the most confident chick has a body-conscious moment now and then.) Here's your chance to test-drive a few ultra-racy positions so that next time you'll be ready to do them with the lights on!
- The Joystick Joyride: He's on his back and you're on top with your feet near his shoulders. Full instructions for the Joystick Joyride sex position.
- The Electric Slide: You're both facing the same direction, but you're on your stomach and he's sitting just below your butt with his hands by your ankles and his feet by your shoulders. Full instructions for the Electric Slide sex position.
- The Head Game: You're upside down as he's kneeling with your ankles on his shoulders. Full instructions for the Head Game sex position.
4. Indulge His Other Senses.
Every Cosmo girl knows that a guy gets off on a good visual (you on top, a sexy peekaboo nightie, etc.). But with the lights out, here's your chance to stimulate his other senses. Bust out your softest, silkiest sheets that will feel amazing against your skin, light a lavender-scented candle (a fragrance proven to turn on men), and then focus on touching him in the most tantalizing ways. Trace an ice cube along his lower back or inner thighs. Pop a mint before you go down on him - the peppermint sensation is super-arousing. Finally, be more vocal than usual. Hearing how much he's pleasing you will give him the incentive to make your 60 minutes in the dark even hotter.
5. Try Tantric Sex.
Tantric sex can be tricky for some people because it's all about the slow burn: You and your partner repeatedly build up to the point of no return, but don't give in to climaxing. The more you and your man build-up-and-then-cool-down, the more the sexual tension mounts, ultimately culminating in otherworldly orgasms. And with a whole hour to spare, it's worth dedicating the time to the key tantra tricks: eye contact, massages, and focusing on the spirituality of your bond. For a complete play-by-play, read our Secrets to Tantric Sex.
For information on Earth Hour, visit EarthHourUS.org.
More from Cosmopolitan.com:
*What He Says vs. What He Means
50 guy phrases, translated
*Couples Massages to Try Tonight
Treat each other to some full-body bliss
*The Secret to a Long, Fabulous Life
Smart and simple steps
*QUIZ: What Kind of Cosmo Girl Are You?
Test your self, you fun fearless female!
Want More Sex & Love Advice? Subscribe to Cosmo & Save up to 71%!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.