Just who is Ahmed Angel, the mysteriously bright-eyed, shiny-haired, self-loving poser trending online everywhere from Reddit to Kotaku to BuzzFeed? We're not certain, honestly. But here's what we've gathered so far:
1. He is planet. And in a loving tribute to himself, he shows us all what that means.
2. He rocks acid-washed jeans. And not only that—he can look equally divine in shades of mustard, turquoise, taupe, cherry-red, yellow, chartreuse, pink, and white.
3. He’s accomplished, yet still learning. Angel is both a doctor and a student. (It all depends which Facebook account you’re referring to—the regular page, on which he’s a student, or the “official” page, on which he’s a doctor, and which is the only page “liked” by the regular one.)
4. His FB fans are gushers. They tell him, “You make my life complete,” and, “You are a wonderful creature,” and call him “mega-inspirational,” “amazing,” “the best forever,” “more beautiful than the sun and the moon combined,” and, simply, “stunning.”
5. His hometown is Iraq. But he’s already a “superstar” in the Middle East, Europe, and Russia, he notes.
6. He was a social-media Johnny Come Lately. Despite being a photographic and photogenic genius, Angel only first graced FB with his presence in January 2012. But he also has a vibrant presence on VK, a Russian social networking site with 43 million daily users.
7. He’s a holy man. Angel is a Muslim, according to VK, who is inspired by Allah and looks down upon drinking alcohol and smoking. (His “personal priority,” however, is “fame and influence.”)
8. He’s nothing if not well coiffed. Note the shapely eyebrows, glossed hair, made-up eyes and perfectly placed beauty mark. Or is it real?
9. He’s a nature lover. Doves, dolphins, Gerbera daisies, butterflies, lilies, clouds, the Milky Way, expanses of green lawn, and the cerulean sea: Angel lovingly shares photo space with each, and never hogs the frame.
10. He’s multi-lingual. Angel is a speaker of English, Russian, Arab and French. And love.