TresSugarSource: Flicks With High School Romances to Stream on Netflix
Ah, back-to-school season. As Fall approaches, we can't help but reminisce about notes passed between friends, the days of lockers and recess, and, of course, our teenage crushes. If you're feeling nostalgic about bleacher makeout sessions and prom-date jitters, then check out these Netflix-streaming movies chock-full of all the clique-y drama, backstabbing friends, and awkward first-date moments that made high school equal parts exhilarating and nightmarish!
- She's All That: It's the classic tale of boy meets girl, boy bets his friend he can turn girl into prom queen, girl gets a makeover by taking off her glasses in 1999's She's All That.
- Heathers: In 1989's Heathers, a high school couple plots revenge on the popular clique of girls.
- Private School: Two students at a stuffy all-girls school fight over a hot student from a nearby boys' academy in Private School.
- School Ties: A Jewish transfer student attending a prejudiced prep school keeps his background hidden so he won't risk losing his new debutante girlfriend and friendships in School Ties.
More from TresSugar: Helen Gurley Brown's Secrets to a Successful Marriage
- High School Hellcats: A naive new student must choose between her boyfriend and the popular girls' clique in the 1958 drama High School Hellcats.
- Risky Business: A high schooler gets involved with a prostitute and other shenanigans while his parents are away in the classic 1983 film Risky Business.
- Never Been Kissed: In the 1999 romantic comedy Never Been Kissed, a journalist gets to redo her horrific high school days by going undercover as a student. But she ends up falling for her hot teacher.
- Weird Science: Two teen boys create a beautiful and supersmart woman to make them more popular in Weird Science.
- Drive Me Crazy: Drive Me Crazy follows a popular high school girl as she uses her neighbor to make her ex-boyfriend jealous.
More from TresSugar: Get Through a Tough Split With Breakup Movies Streaming on Netflix
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun: In the 1985 dance-comedy Girls Just Want to Have Fun, three teen girls go on an adventure to audition for a TV show and end up meeting some boys along the way.
- Gregory's Girl: An awkward high schooler falls for a girl on the soccer team in the Scottish coming-of-age film Gregory's Girl (1981).
- Screwballs: Screwballs is a 1983 comedy about a group of guys trying to deflower a popular girl by the end of the school year.
- Brick: A young detective attempts to solve the murder of his crush in the high-school-set noir film Brick.
Meryl Streep Says Women Often Reignite Fading Relationships
29 Play Dates to Spice Up Your Relationship
The Secret to an Amazing Hook Up
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on Facebook