by Gena Kaufman, Glamour
Geez, the whole Botox trend is really here to stay if we're injecting it into places of the body that scientists can't even agree exist in the first place.
I'm talking about a procedure that's been popping up all over the news recently, and it's called the "G-shot." It's a collagen (or other filler) injection into a woman's g-spot to enhance the size of the sensitive area, and evidently more than 2,000 women have undergone the procedure with Dr. David Matlock at the Vagina Rejuvenation Institute of America.
See more: 11 Movies Every Woman Should Watch
Would it be worth it to try such a thing for your sex life? A few things to consider:
* The cost: At up to $1,200 a shot, it's not cheap to get your g-spot puffed up.
* The duration: For that price, you'd expect some staying power but the shot only lasts for a few months, and then you have to return for more.
* What it does for your sex life: Testimonials of women who seem to really enjoy the results include stories of arousals in yoga and spinning classes, first and multiple orgasms, and general ecstasy.
* Yeah, but is that a guarantee it will work?: In a pilot study, 87% of women reported enhanced sexual gratification. However, Dr. BatSheva Marcus of the Medical Center for Female Sexuality in New York, has observed patients who have had the shot, and says some reported good results while others didn't. If you don't normally get much pleasure from the g-spot area, this isn't likely to have much of an effect on you.
* Possible problems: Marcus says she'd be concerned about problems arising from injecting a foreign substance into the vagina, and indeed, there is a list of risks and complications that could arise from the procedure.
* Pain: The G-Shot website claims it's painless and that patients are given a local anesthetic via a tiny needle before the actual G-Shot. I dunno though, I just can't imagine that a shot to your vagina feels good , right?? I'm not even a baby about getting shots generally, but yowza.
See more: 10 Hot Date-Night Outfits (According to Guys)
What do you think, ladies? I'm not strictly the adamantly au naturel type in every sense of the word, but when it comes to my lady parts, I think I'll leave things as is.
Would you ever try a G-Shot? Do you think it sounds intriguing or terrifying? Are you even a g-spot believer?
More from Glamour:
50 Things Men Are Afraid to Ask For (But Really Want)
10 Things Girls Always Do in Movies and Never Do in Real Life
The 30 Hottest Heels, Flats, and Boots for Fall
11 Fall Hair and Makeup Looks You'll Love
by Gena Kaufman, Glamour