When breaking up with someone after one or a handful of dates, remember that it's not just Blanche who depends on the kindness of strangers. So here's how to be a little bit nicer about the fact that you don't, actually, want to embark on a beautiful relationship with them: Be specific about the qualities you admire in them (e.g. their excellent taste in domestic beer, their mad poker skills), and very general about those that make a relationship impossible (avoid mentioning that you could never be seen in public with someone who wears Docksiders). Blame it on a lack of chemistry or click -- being dumped is never quite as painful when you can chalk it up to "chemistry."
More from EMandLO.com:
- Dear Em & Lo: Help, My BF Got Intimate with His Toothbrush!
- Your Call: Can She Be Friends with Her Ex?
Confession: Rocking Around the Dickmas Tree
- Dear Em & Lo: What's a Good First Sex Toy?
- Poll: How Do You Wear Your Hair Down There?
- Do It Tonight: Make Your One-Night Stand a Little Naughtier
Dream Interpretation: I Keep Having Sex with My Fiance's Brother!
- Wise Guys: What If I'm Not Up for Going Down?