TresSugarSource: Get to Know Paul Ryan's Wife Janna
Now that we've gotten to know Mitt Romney's VP pick Paul Ryan a little bit, let's meet his wife, Janna Little Ryan, who's already on track to be a picture-perfect second lady. With a megawatt smile and impressive professional background, the 43-year-old mother of three recently gushed to People magazine about her hubby, Paul, saying he "has one of the sunniest demeanors and most positive outlooks of anyone I've ever met . . . You know, he's pretty low-maintenance. Paul is someone who goes with the flow." Let's learn a little bit more about the wife of the Wisconsin congressman who could be the second-in-command of our country.
- Professional Prowess: Janna graduated from Wellesley College (like Hillary Clinton) and George Washington University Law School. She went on to become an attorney and lobbyist for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Role Model Mom: Janna's mother, Prudence, was a positive female role model, having graduated from Wellesley with honors and first in her class at law school. She was also heavily involved in charities even when battling cancer, and sadly passed away in 2010.
- Religious Background: Like her husband, Janna is a devout Roman Catholic, which will surely come up in the coming months amidst the birth control debate.
- Family Ties: Her first cousin is the Democratic US Representative from Oklahoma, Dan Boren. Despite their differing political viewpoints, the two appear close. In a statement, Dan said that he "couldn't be more proud" of his cousin. He added, "Like my late mother after whom she is named, Janna is a wonderful parent to their children and will be Paul's strongest supporter on the campaign trail."
- Short Courtship: Janna and Paul only dated for a year before marrying in 2000. They reside in Janesville, WI, with their three children, Elizabeth, Charles, and Samuel.
Follow TresSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TresSugar on Facebook