Last week The Virginity Hit came out, and today Easy A - a worth-seeing comedy about a girl who advances her high school standing by giving herself a fake loose reputation - opens. It seems virginity, or its loss, is in the late-Summer air, so we've rounded up answers to our virginity polls to get the how, where, when, why, and who of our collective first time. Check out the results!
- We asked how old you were and the average age was 17.5, which sounds about right considering the average age around the world is 17.3.
- No regrets for the majority of us. Fifty-seven percent of you said that you do not wish you had waited to lose your virginity.
- Most of you lost it to your boyfriend. Husband, co-worker, and best friend were named, too.
- The best laid plans? Not so for most of us: 61% of you said losing your virginity was unplanned.
- The most common places to lose your virginity were his bedroom, hotel, car, her bedroom, floor, couch, or place of employment. Honorable mentions for imagination in these places: "outside the back entrance of my church," "hospital auditorium," and "boyfriend's grandparents' bed."
- Sixty-two percent of you said that you didn't keep your abstinence pledge. Fastest pledge breaker goes to Spaceketgal. "I kid you not," she said, "I lost my virginity 1 week after signing it."
- When does virginity become a stigma? While a few ages in the early 20s were debated, the vast majority of us say virginity is way too personal to ever be a stigma.
- About 20 percent of us had an orgasm during the first time!
- At least half of us have taken someone's virginity! "He had such a reputation as a womanizer," Starbucks said, but he "was actually waiting for the right girl."
How did you lose it?
Guess when celebrities lost theirs
Is it the same for everyone?
10 common places to first have sex
Losing your orgasm virginity
UK hires prostitute for disabled man's first time
Celebrities who have pledged abstinence
Follow TrèsSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of TrèsSugar on Facebook