Earlier today (scroll down) blogger Latina Libra posted some of the initial qualifications for the "Standard" Man Card which was outstanding. But as she posts in "Girl or Grown Women" this card might only get you into the "Girls Club". Grown Women really require the Gold Version of this Card…..and the qualifications are free…but require effort:
1) Know when to shut up and listen. If she shares some of her problems with you it doesn't mean she wants you to solve them necessarily.
2) If you find a Grown Woman, appreciate her as an equal. Especially as it relates to time and sex…we ALWAYS get ours - you better make damn sure she gets hers.
3) You can make time to hang with your boys or check out the game….but that might mean you're taking her to watch "Precious" the next night or that you're cool with her going out with her friends.
4) Gold Card members don't need to be "playas" - Girls aren't good enough for you and if you don't clearly understand that a Grown Woman is someone you need to be with then you're not paying attention.
5) Be honest about likes, dislikes and "dealbreakers" - Don't overlook big "red flags". If she doesn't want to be with you for who you are…too bad - her loss….and she's probably a Girl.
6) Gold Card members aren't afraid to communicate. Have the nads to tell her how you feel about her. A Girl will play games with that knowledge - a Grown Woman will embrace it.
7) Gold Card members realize that sexual conquests aren't the "be all end all" - it's more intense with a Grown Woman because she'll wake up on Sunday morning and you won't leave the bedroom all day.
8) Learn to f*ing dress - shorts and flip flops are great for the beach and running errands, but dressing sharp to take her out to dinner once in awhile won't kill you.
9) Related to #8 - groom appropriately. If she's taking the time to "keep things in check" (i.e. - a landing strip, etc.) then make sure you're not looking like you've been living in a shack deep in the woods for the past year. Key tip - eyebrows - there should be two.
10) Going out with the boys doesn't mean the "radar" goes on and you're automatically trolling - especially if you've found someone worth keeping…or are married.