By GalTimer Lynn Redd
no strings attachedI've been enjoying some reruns from good ol' Sex and the City. In an episode of season 1, Carrie asks an important question, "Can women have sex like men?"
I'm biased about this question, but this is the answer I get from most women: If men can have sex without any emotional attachment, women can do it too.
In my case, I would say no only because I've been there. I've had a few "casual sex"encounters and I have gotten attached to all of them, but I had to cut my losses in the end.
Why? I believe it's almost impossible for a woman not to become emotionally attached to the man she's "playing house" with because sex comes with emotions. That's the way God built women and we can't run from that one.
Related: 3 Biggest Mistakes Women Make in Bed
On the other hand, I have been with a guy that I absolutely had no emotional attachments to. It was more like, "Hey, you want some sex right now?" and we would just go from there. We never talked outside of sex and after we both got tired of each other, we stopped talking. There wasn't any explaining or no heartbreaking. I went my way and he went his without holding on to bad feelings.
Remember ladies, having sex like men can be very deceiving. What you consider to be casual sex could lead to emotional involvement and attachment. Sex doesn't always treat us the way that we treat it and sometimes it turns out for the worse and can be very hurtful. Think before you decide and choose wisely.
Related: 5 Signs He'll Be Good in Bed
I guess the bigger question should be: Should Women Have Sex Like Men?
- In the end, it's your call. You are grown and it's your decision if you want to be involved in casual sex.
- Trust your instincts. If your casual sex encounter has left you feeling guilty or angry 9 times out of 10, you should just call it quits. Always, always, trust your instincts.
- Know the difference between real feelings or infatuation, love or lust. If you so happen to have an emotional attachment to the man you're having sex with, know what's a real feeling and what's infatuation, and always know the difference between love and lust. You may think you have a connection with that man and in his head, it's just sex... and infatuation.
- Not all advice will be the best advice. Others will say what they feel and will try to tell you that you're making the biggest mistake of your life. They will try to give you what they feel is the best advice for your situation. Take the advice that applies to the positive side of your situation and run with that.
More from GalTime.com
- Does Size Really Matter?
7 Burning Questions Guys Wanna Know
5 Myths Women (Still) Believe About Men
- 4 Biggest Mistakes Men Make in Bed
GalTime on Facebook